Pages

Monday, March 09, 2009

The Last Lecture

I got a hold of this book and had a quick sneak read of the entire book. Frankfully, I wouldn't have known about Randy Pausch or wouldn't even understood why people posted YouTube clips of Pausch giving a last lecture. Thanks to Oprah, my all time favourite show, and on a little note, I think everyone in Malaysia should watch more of Oprah among other things. Okay I got a bit derailed from topic. Okay thanks to Oprah, I finally got introduced to the late Randy Pausch through one of Dr. Oz's shows in Oprah.

A quickie on Randy Pausch :
"On September 18, 2007, computer science professor Randy Pausch stepped in front of an audience of 400 people at Carnegie Mellon University to deliver a last lecture called “Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams.” With slides of his CT scans beaming out to the audience, Randy told his audience about the cancer that is devouring his pancreas and that will claim his life in a matter of months. On the stage that day, Randy was youthful, energetic, handsome, often cheerfully, darkly funny. He seemed invincible. But this was a brief moment, as he himself acknowledged.

Randy’s lecture has become a phenomenon, as has the book he wrote based on the same principles, celebrating the dreams we all strive to make realities. Sadly, Randy lost his battle to pancreatic cancer on July 25th, 2008, but his legacy will continue to inspire us all, for generations to come. ". - Quoted from http://www.thelastlecture.com/

It's totally inspiring to have someone who battled their last feat in life out of cancer and in the end left the world with an excerpt of hope from his book for everyone to ponder and hopefully mend that little defects they are doing right now in their life. As I flipped through the pages, I was glad that I am pretty much on the right track when it comes to having the right attitude in life so that life is totally lived and not wasted.

The Last Lecture is yet another excellent motivational read and if you happen to go to the mall, do take a quick pit stop to the bookstore and read a bit of this book and it's a whole lot better if you just grab and buy it!

and...

To Randy,
Thank you for the inspirations and May God Bless you!

4 comments:

  1. eh..aku baru terpk sama ada nak beli buku ni or twilight. both sama harga...hmmmm really motivational eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. To say if it's a motivational read or not, it totally depends on the individual. Personally, I don't really need to buy and keep the book to get me motivated and going. haha...But I assure you, it's a great buy if you like to keep and pass down books from great people alike to people around you. It's like keeping an autobiography of Mahathir like that. If that's the thing u do, go get it. If you are thinking, dang, Twilight is way thicker than The Last Lecture, so you should know which to hold on to. Lol! I suggest , just read it in the bookstore.Cheapskate , yes! But still you gain something from the reading! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo..what's with ur "About me" tu?Gave up working?haha..aku rasa aku pon ptt letak sama camtu gak la.

    And aku almost wondering,kdg2 org2 kita ni suka baca benda blog personal daripada benda2 fakta.

    Ok,aku rasa ini semua efek drpada Akademi Fantasia kot.heh..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Hafeez! I knew it someone will make a comment about my "About Me"! I simply put it that way to check on people's reaction and yay, I got one person's reaction!

    Hey...what do u think of my blog? It's definitely a 'factual' blog rite? I don't want to go bragging about personal stuffs online!Hehe..

    ReplyDelete