Pages

Sunday, March 01, 2009

The brake is squealing. Is it a problem?

I knew that the brake has worn out once it starts to make squealing noises once you hit on the brake. I've changed both the brake pads a month ago but apparently, I'm still hearing the squealing. The noise is not as bad as before I change the pad. It starts to squeal when I hit hard on the brake. I really don't know if this is common for new brakes and the mechanic told me to not hit hard on the brake because the brake pads are still new. I guess that's why it is still making noises. A pretty high pitch one too! Hehe.

I've yet to ask other car experts from people at home about this. Anyhow, any one knows why new brake pads squeals when you hit hard on the brakes? And , does it really work to really slam on the break to wear the brake pads a little bit, thus to clear or reduce the noise?

No comments:

Post a Comment