Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2009

After weddings, they started having babies...

Last weekend weddings were alright. I got to eat 'nasi minyak' for two days back-to-back which was aweful for my cholesterol level and overall diet. You see, I don't tend to eat that much anyways and having a super oily, fatty wedding lunches are enough to disturb my ever so healthy eating habit. Hehe.

So, as mentioned on the previous post, a handful of my friends are officially married last week. Hip hip hooray for them and sorry for not being able to make it to most of your weddings. One friend is already back to work yesterday which is rather suprising at least for me. The reason behind her back to work and no honeymoon yet after the wedding is due to lack of leave that she is allowed to take. That sucks isn't it. You have to postpone your honeymoon until like what...end of the year? Sucky but that's the reality for most people.

Okay back to the post's title,yep, after wedding, come the babies making episode of their life. If you ask me how do I feel about this and is it affecting me in any other ways? The answer to that is, hell no, no effect whats so ever unto me. I'm a much happier person actually because I get to become automatic Tante( Auntie in Dutch) when each baby boy or girl is born and delivered by my lovely friends.

I got to meet my old friend from my college days last week and she is blessed with this cute little guy of 6 months old. And for the first time ever, I got to hold a baby and tossed him around despite his neck is still a bit weak. But at least, baby Izz seemed to like me and didn't cry at all. Aww, babies are so much fun to play with minus the taking care part. That part is solely and exclusively left for the biological mum to take care of. Hehe. Ain't instant 'mother' fun?

I'm still doing my count on who is going to deliver their baby next this year. And the worse part, I never thought I would hear myself saying these words to my other friend during the wedding I'd attended. I chocked on hearing myself saying,"Hey, if there's good news, do let me know!".Like why the hell am I talking that way now? Sheesh...I hope I'm not giving pressure to my girlfriends because I know I'm not having the slightest pressure at all. LOL.

Can't wait to actually hold my very own niece too pretty soon. She's going to be spoilt rotten by her Tantes and only Uncle (at least from our side of the family that is). =)

2 comments:

  1. can't wait for Noa !!

    i know u're happy wit ur married girlfriends as happy as ourselves - being single hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes!! life is getting funner,happier,greater each day! Thanks to HIM!

    ReplyDelete