Pages

Monday, June 01, 2009

What's the deal with June marriages?

It's June today and a lot to be anticipated this month. Kicking off the day feeling lost, more confused than yesterday but nevertheless, things gradually got better. The whole of last month, I kept getting posts from friends with their colourful wedding invitations which falls closely after one another starting from this 4th, a handful on the 6th and one on the 7th.

Oh how can I forget to mention that I already missed two wedding invitations on last weekend itself? I just couldn't make it. That's all.

I'm by now feeling absolutely tired and eyes close to shut trying to decide on how I'm going to attend four weddings in a week with this upcoming event on the 7th? Also, the fact that I thought my friend will get married on the 6th not until I saw her FB wall asking another friend to come for her wedding on the 7th. Not until then that I actually tore open her invititation card to check and confirm that yes, her wedding is on the 7th and I think I got to skip that event on that day. Haha...

You see, since most of them are going to make their big day falls on the 6th, I was thinking earlier that I will not attend to any of them...because of distance and plain inconvenient plus completely impossible for me to be at all four weddings at the same time. However, since I'm thinking to escape a little something, I'm going to forgo the event and attend the wedding on the 7th instead which is still a few hours drive to reach.

Coming back to the topic, like what's the deal with trying to squeeze all those weddings especially on the 6th of this month? I can never tolerate answers like , "Oh, it's the school holiday" when none of them are actually school teachers. I just don't get the idea at all man...

Anyways, come to think of it, I'm kinda sad that I won't be making it for two of my closest friends wedding. Smart them to have it all at the same day. Can't blame them either anyhow. I guess they are both getting all jumpy and excited with marriagehood and I'm sure, these two are ever so capable of hitting the 'making baby' button like asap. Hehe.. I can't imagine seeing mini M and mini Y ...hehehe..

On that note, I'm proud to announce that me and my girlfriends are officially now Aunties to Shalen's baby boy. The baby is 1 month premature and supposedly he's ETD(expected time of delivery) was on the 4th of July. I've yet to talk to Shalen and I hope the baby is getting strong as days past by. Probably I should pay them a visit since the baby is kept under watch in the incubator.

I'm tired. I should just go to bed.

The end.

2 comments: