Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2007

One hour Escape!

My weekend is incomplete if I don't enjoy one of my travel frenzy. It doesn't have to be a whole day trip to some place, somewhere. What matters is simply the joy of being behind the wheels and discovering that new places along the way.

Earlier today, I declined my mum's offer to head back to Sitiawan and have that thrilling ride back to KL with Pup on his superbike. I thought I had laundry and a resume to update earlier this morning and the last bike ride I had left me with a sore back, wasn't really a tempting trip for me.

Came noon, I made a futile call to a dear friend thinking that perhaps we could go shopping because I do need to get a new watch or some really good shoes. She didn't feel like it and I thought that I should just drive around town or something.

I was heading South and on seeing that newly opened SMART Tunnel, I was damn excited to give it a try. It was okay though. Most drivers only do 60KM/H because most are pretty unfamiliar with the road surface and it does get a little bit claustrophobic in there. It took exactly 5 minutes to get from Jln Tun Razak to the Sg. Besi exit. 5 minutes ride underneath the ground is really something you know. By far, I think it's pretty safe and smooth running. Yeah.

So to really clocked that 1 hour ride from KL to that somewhere South, I kept on driving and driving, mainly on the rightest lane of the highway, going at a constant speed of roughly 110-120km/h. Most people on the middle lane were actually going only like 80-100km/h, so there's no way you can speed off at the minimum of 140km/h at any lanes at all.

I got towards somewhere and after a little spin around the place, a place which was once rather familiar to me years back, I headed back to the highway and spent the next hour and the half home. I was stuck in traffic as I approached UPM and if there wouldn't have been any congestion, I am sure that I could easily made it home in a merely 45 minutes. Yep. I kid you not. And best of all, I wasn't really speeding. 110-120 km/h all the way through. So that was kind of okay.

I'm home now, listening to Sarah Mclachlan's and sipping the soup of my Maggie. It's a good day and worth the ride.

4 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, if only I've listened to "The Sweet Escape" song from Gwen. Fits the whole theme. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi yasz! i changed my blog address today: adriangires.blogspot.com so update your links eh. tenkiu..

    i had a very uncomfortable weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  4. ouch Adrian..I've read ur post..berak2 ker?hehe..I should comment this at ur page though...hehe..

    ReplyDelete