Pages

Friday, June 19, 2009

How to put up the retweet icon at your blog?

I knew someone will ask about this one and I was itching to know about putting up the ReTweet icon myself. I came across this blog, bloggerstop.net and tweaked a line or two at my Blogger template to make the icon works.

The exact code which I've added for my blog here is this:

1. Find this tag at your template:
  <div class='post-header-line-1'/>

2. Add the following code right below the above tag:
  <script type="text/javascript">    tweetmeme_url = '<data:post.url/>';    tweetmeme_source = 'Twitter ID';    </script>    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://tweetmeme.com/i/scripts/button.js"></script> 

There are 2 other ways(applying a slight change of codes) to have the icon at your blog with its own pros and cons. However this particular RT will have your own Twitter ID on the line and the tweetmeme link at the end of the retweet which is something like this:

RT @Yasz_A life's a commotion!: Lamb Shoulder and Gourmet Burger Yasz's Style http://cli.gs/12XNZX (via @tweetmeme)

* note the via @tweetmeme at the end of the RT

If you ended up making a slightly different code ( you can check it out here), your Twitter id will not be shown in the RT. Eg:

RT @tweetmeme The Art and Science of Retweeting for Twitteraholics http://tr.im/gzNV

*note that the RT will come from tweetmeme and I don't think you want that. You need to have at least a recognition of your own id in the RT am I right? Hehe.

And yeah, all these codes thanks to the helpful blogger at bloggerstop.net. Probably if you Google more, you'll come up with better codes to put up the RT icon. As for me, this is good enough for now.

* This code formatter will help a lot to post codes in your blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment