Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The joy of a minimalist!

A couple of days ago, I was browsing through my Google Reader , skimming through the long list of unread blog posts from the many websites that I've subscribed to and I came across an article about living a life as a minimalist. I took the time to read the blog and even the excerpt of the best selling minimalist book - "The Joy of Less, A Minimalist Living Guide". It turns out to be something that I never knew that it is what I am today - a slight minimalist. Haha.

I must highlight that I am slightly a minimalist and a little bit frugal sometimes because I always believe in the philosophy that  "less is more" and "simplicity should be the way of life". I also always like the idea of having an open space, open windows, open doors because in someways I feel free and unsuffocated when I am in a surrounding where things are open,airy and spacey.

There is also this concept which I believe on that you should start making space in your life in order for you to receive something that you wanted in return. So in the case of if you have so much stuff already around you and if you are expecting for something new to come in your life, if you just don't make some space for that something to come, in reality it just won't come to you. It is as simple as that.

Another great thing about  being a minimalist is that you tend to be frugal and guess what, you get to save more money in the bank because you won't be having debts or loans to pay for. However, it is not to say that being a minimalist means it is okay for you to be poor. Heck no. It just means that you have a much better sense of your financial, you know how to manage your money and in most cases you know very well on how to grow the money that you already have in hand. At most times, I will go with the principal of  "only spend money when you have the cash and don't spend your money when you don't have the cash, i.e never allow yourself to live on credit. "

Oh well, living life as a minimalist probably just sound a little bit of a constraint and a bit too hard to handle for some. Whatever it is, if you think you would like to make a change in your life right now for you to be able to have a better life, I must say that you should try living a life as a minimalist by going for it bit by bit. I certainly think life is more worthwhile if you lead a simple, no fuss about getting too much 'stuffs'  lifestyle. Oh man, I really can't tell how much joy there is to be a minimalist. If by any means, I do inspire you to explore more of a life as a minimalist, you should get your hands on this awesome book by "Francine Jay, the author of the best selling book "The Joy of Less, A Minimalist Living Guide: How to Declutter, Organize, and Simplify Your Life".

No comments:

Post a Comment