Pages

Saturday, November 06, 2010

Homemade Cheese Burger Recipe

Wo I just realized I haven't written anything about FOOD in this blog for a very long time and I'm going to do just that right now. Let's write about burgers shall we. :)

So today we had lunch and later late in the afternoon, I had a sudden craving for something greasy and meaty. Basically, I crave for junk and I just feel like having a burger. McD burgers are out of the question because as we all know it, their burgers are just horrible and what more there are absolutely unhealthy. Haha. However, that doesn't mean I don't eat anything from McD at least a couple of times in a year.

Anyhow, cut the story short, I made some burgers and it turned out pretty good, I think. If you really want to judge on how it really taste like, you just have to make one of your own from the recipe I'm going to share with you below. So here goes:
*I think I've written about Gourmet Burger recipe before but this is slightly different in the cooking method.
Homemade Cheese Burger Recipe:

- get some minced beef/chicken or you can make your own minced beef/chicken if you have a food processor like this one from KitchenAid Food Chopper - White selling in Amazon.

- to add flavor on your minced meat, add some salt, pepper, chillie powder /cayenne pepper/paprika (for a bit of heat) and some Italian herbs

- mixed everything well with your hands, grab a handful of meat and make it into a ball and put them to rest for a while.

- sliced up some tomatoes, cucumber, any kind of salads that you have in the fridge, stack them up nicely on a bread. Before that you can butter your bread or put some mayonnaise to have some extra 'fat' in your burger. :)

- Cook your burger on a pan or grill them.

- Next, is the layering of the burger. Start of with the buttered bread at the bottom. Layer it up with some vegs that you have sliced up earlier. Put the cooked burger on the veg. You can add some mustard or ketchup or bbq sauce on the burger. Put a generous slice of cheese. I used Gouda cheese on this one. Any normal cheddar will be fine. Top the cheese with more vegs like salad or in my case I used blanched spinach and finally, another slice of bread ( I used whole wheat brown bread).

- The final step in order to get the 'melt' of the cheese, simply throw the nicely layered burger sandwich on a hot pan for a minute or so on one side and flip on the other.

- The result, you will get a nicely browned bread on each sides with melted cheese in the middle. On every bite that you take, it will be all juicy from the meat and nice stringy, melted cheese in between. Simply delicious and because it finishes up way too quickly, I didn't have a picture to share it you ya'll. Haha.

If you love cheese and want to have a cheesier burger, while making the burger patty, have two portions of meat and sandwich a generous slice of cheese in the middle of the two portions and press the portions together to have a super runny melted cheesy burger patty once cooked 'em.

I gotta tell you, burgers taste so much better if you make them on your own. At least it won't be too greasy or too salty for your taste bud. My final say, you really have to try on this Homemade Cheese Burger no matter what!

2 comments:

  1. babe, i'd love to see some pics. the ingredients & the actual home made burger once it's done. minimum 3 pics will do ;) it'll be much more enjoyable to read while starving haha. cheese burger ya know. mah favourite =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch, I really don't have any picture for it now. Will take note to take some pictures of the yummy burger the next time I cook 'em. I still have 3 extra burger patties in the fridge waiting to be cooked! Will update the pictures once I got them cooking okay. Till then, you just drool on. :)

    ReplyDelete