Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Crashing on my bottom doing the Shirsha Asana / Yoga Headstand

Yesterday, I attempted the Shirsha Asana or commonly known as the headstand. For support, I lean both my legs up against the wall. That part was easy. Later, I thought that I should try to get both my legs straight and off the wall. I never knew that you can be totally off-balanced when you are upside down and trust me, I was going all wobbly. I think I got through a couple of seconds with both my legs up with no wall support and BOOM, I crashed hard onto the floor seconds after that.

IMG_0154photo © 2009 Neeta Lind | more info (via: Wylio)

Thankfully, I crashed landed on my bum and had a sore bottom later on but it felt almost like I made a back flip towards the floor. So it ain't that bad really. Unfortunately, I landed straight onto my notebook's cooler pad because for some unknown reason it was sitting exactly across from where I was doing the headstand. Although I miraculously 'survived' the crash/back flip, the cooler pad didn't. One of its fan was detached from the base while half of the cooler pad had a long crack from the side to the center. It's officially kaput.

Nevertheless, I wouldn't say posing for the headstand is difficult. It is do-able with a lot of concentration and balance of course.  Since I've crashed on my bottom while doing the headstand, will I attempt it again? Of course I will! Doing a headstand is really cool and I have a feeling of being light and fresh after that short inversion. You should attempt a headstand too and you can check out on my previous post to learn on how you can do the Shirsha Asana /Yoga Headstand.

p.s: You may want to have a look at the damaged cooler pad. :)

[caption id="attachment_1485" align="aligncenter" width="210" caption="The cracked and detached fan. Ouch!"][/caption]

No comments:

Post a Comment