Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2007

If you ask for it, you may just get it!

A big tip for all job seekers.

After your interview, let say the company told you that they will get back to you in 10 days time or so. After 10 days, you heard nothing from them. The next best action to do is to send them an email or just give them a call. The purpose is to thank them for the interview session you had had and the other main reason is that you can probably ask them of any particular reason you did not make the cut. The outcome of sending such thank you note is that you are showing your keeness towards the company and probably they may change their mind and hire you instead.

I learnt that by experience. It was a surprise and I'm looking forward for this.

4 comments:

  1. That's what I told my students as well. In fact, it's very important to do this. The companies (in theory and legally), *have* to at least give a response whether or not you're hired. In practice, most companies fail to do this. You wouldn't want to wait in agony, would you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! It doesn't hurt to ask away questions.The worse thing that could happen is maybe you'll piss someone off and you'll get scolded at. Hehe.

    I haven't told this one big news yet. Remember that I went for that walk-in interview earlier this month, I kinda nailed the job! Yippie!

    Will be looking forward to work at Cyberjaya by end of July. Goodbye ******, hello ******!!

    I couldn't thank God enough for this. It's like a dream comes true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, you nailed it, eh? Congrats! So, you'll be looking for a place in Cyber, then?

    p.s. I've bought for you a fruity Body Mist from Body Shop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ;)..thanks...about moving...I need to think about it first

    ReplyDelete