Pages

Monday, March 12, 2007

Wedding presents

I've got two weddings to attend this month and they are the first among my friends to step into the matrimonial 'institution'. Yep. I consider marriage as an institution because that's just how big the commitment is.As big as maintaining an institution.

Anyway, I've yet to get presents for these two and it's always easier to dutch the price of the gifts among my other friends. Talking about budgeting and yes, it's the budget issue for now.

Too bad for them who are getting married this year because I can't really spend a fortune for the perfect gift. I can't really afford them and even if I can afford them, I think, I rather spend them on myself. Haha.But, it'll be a different story altogether if I earn so much in a month that I really don't know where and what's best to channel the money into. For now, I rather save and keep them all to myself. ;)

So, I was saying to my friend the other day about how lucky we are because we are not going to get married anytime soon. Because the theory is; if we are to get married when most of our friends are already married with kids, then the chances are, we may get some really awesome wedding gifts from our friends. It will be pretty lame if they still ended up getting us presents like electrical goods for the kitchen or anything similar to 'basic' wedding presents because surely by then I may already have all those stuffs at my home. So the point here, if you are to get married at a later age, where everybody else's are financially stable and all; the chances of you getting a great, expensive and really awesome gifts are HIGHER.

Hence, the rule of thumb here: If you want really great wedding gifts, wait until you are 'older'. But if you are in the situation where you need to get gifts for your friends, dutch the money with your other friends since you are not earning much even to support your other expenses. So what if you are a tad cheapskate. Hehe. As long as you are sincere, whatever goes.

4 comments:

  1. oh course it's a damn good theory and we should see if it ever going to work...ahahha...give it time though like 6 years from now or so...hihi..

    ReplyDelete
  2. shheessshhh...like that aaa??
    u know what naz wants for her wed from me and pali?? an ipod...! doowwhhh that girll aaa..really spoilt member laa..hahhaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha...ala husna..ipod vely cheap only liao.hafsah's sis got herself an ipod nano for 100 ringgit only. Her sis friend bought it in China. Go get one of those ipod from China la...naz will love it.hehe..gile murahkan..china can sell cheap2 but i dunno if it's underwater or for real.but as long the name is ipod, who bothers right.haha..

    ReplyDelete