Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

30 Minutes Quick Lunch Recipe : Marinara Spaghetti (Yasz style)

This is one of those super quick, 30 minutes lunch recipe that I love to whip up every now and then. It's a simple, my very own version of the marinara spaghetti recipe. I am not quite sure if it can come close to anything of a marinara spaghetti but who cares as long as it is yummy. :)

A little insight about what is a marinara spaghetti - "Italians refer to marinara only in association with other recipes, and which usually contain seafood of some sort. For instance, spaghetti alla marinara literally translates to mariner's spaghetti or "sailor-style spaghetti" and would be a dish including seafood, possibly shellfish, and not necessarily containing tomatoes at all" - Wikipedia.

For my recipe here, I use some can mackerels because they are easy, fast and cheap. Haha. Let's have a look at my version of this marinara spaghetti recipe shall we :

1. Boil some water and throw in the spaghetti as per instructed at the spaghetti packet label. You can choose to have your spaghetti al dente (about 8 minutes of cooking time) or normal (about 12 minutes).

2. For the marinara sauce:

- I love making my own sauce because it's fresh unlike the one you buy ready made from the can  or tin. I can alse tweak on the kind of herbs that I like and of course it is cheaper and more personalized. For this marinara sauce, I quickly chopped and do the followings:

- diced some tomatoes, garlic, onions

- saute everything above with some good extra virgin olive oil a.k.a EVOO  (any vegetable oil will do if you don't have an EVOO laying around), toss some dry herbs (you can have a choice of your favs : Italian herbs or Basil) and add some tomato puree, salt, pepper for taste. If you want a little bit of heat, throw in a bit of cayenne pepper for that little boost of heat.

- finally, at that can mackerel or you can even use can tuna or salmon or anything fresh if you get your hands on any. Cook them well into the sauce and you are just about ready to eat.

Before serving, grate some cheese over the spaghetti and the marinara sauce and Bon Appetite!

Here is the end result of my version of the Marinara Spaghetti. I happen to have some bit of the Gouda cheese in the fridge, so that will still do as my grated cheese over the spaghetti. :)

[caption id="attachment_1989" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Spaghetti Marinara Yasz style"][/caption]

I hope you'll try out on the recipe or else, just drool over the picture yeah! :)

4 comments:

  1. Ok, wanna try this recipe! Dah habis drooling dah ni! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a blog post of a Spaghetti Bolognese I made years back. Check it out here : http://www.yaszamzah.com/2007/12/yummy.html . There's no recipe though, just drooling pictures. Yum!

    ReplyDelete