Pages

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

What would have been your favourite travel memories?

By far these are the things that happened during my travels and all of them are certainly unforgettable memories. They are something that I can find myself talking over and over again and laugh out loud just thinking and sharing about it. :)

1. Running a couple of blocks away at night to catch our bus where it is the rule of this country that it is illegal to jaywalking. We crossed the roads illegally anyways and got honked and cursed at I think. All the while, we kept running and laughed way too hard. Haha.

2. Running again under extremely heavy rain at night yet again to catch a bus and because it was a sudden heavy rain, the place started to get flash flood and the only shelter to get out of the rain was to huddle with another friend with all drenched up clothes, no umbrella of course, haha, standing pathetically in front of a close, gated little temple.We still got wet anyway.

3.  Getting told off by a super concerned taxi driver because I was struggling to reverse a manual transmission car. Damn it. He specifically told me not to drive around because it can be dangerous for everybody.  Haha. The best part of all, while I was struggling to even get things into gear in that darn car, one person out of nowhere offered to help me reverse the car and people around there are so so nice and extremely helpful. May God bless them all!

4. Complaining about a new place out loud during transit, all the while speaking in English in a country that doesn't really speak one or so we thought they don't. Since it had been a long journey, we were feeling tired, smelly, crappy, bloaty or simply put it as extremely exhausted that we started to whine and fidget and talk shit. Haha. Only seconds later during our deep in 'trash talking' conversation, we heard a couple next to us, out of the blue, switching language from their native language to English. Like oh dang it! They caught us trash talking about their country. Hahaha.

5. Being told off rather stupidly by a stern looking guard at some palace somewhere. It was dumb and embarrassing. But yeah, I can laugh about it now though.

6. Getting caught in a path with a bunch of really loud Americans. You tell me if there are any Americans who are not loud and vocal? Lol! With thick deep ascent, one of them went, " Let's follow this path!". Not so funny here right, but the thing is, we thought it will be great to talk like they do and went on a full fledged repeat of 'Let's follow this path' in thick American slang like over and over again. It drives everyone nuts!

7. Got flirted with a mountain guide. Haha. Okay as long as you are cute, so who cares. I'll smile back at you which is something I don't do at all if you are a stranger and trying to do some lame pickup line. But when you are up the mountain, I think the fresh air will get at you. High places actually makes you happy. Hence, it might make some sense if everyone feels the same way too and also I guess it is just alright if some people just want to go a little bit crazily happy as well. :)

8. Eating (more like being a glutton and stuffing up my face) super cheap and delicious seafood and thanks to that, I went on a full board bad diarrhea with constant vomiting right until an hour before boarding our plane home. I was literally eating until I was sick. Lol! Been there, done that and lesson learned. I am so not going to stuff my face ever again no matter how good or cheap that food is.

9. Falling off a bicycle on a slippery iced tarmac. Me bum went all sore right after that.

10. Hanging on to dear life by gripping the iron rod until my hands went all white while on a mad, adrenaline ride of an auto ( a three wheeler motorbike taxi) and I really thought we were going to crash and hit other motorists on the road.

and the list goes on and on...

Traveling is no doubt about experiencing the whole journey and yeah, little eventful things during your travel will ingrained lots of memories for the rest of your life. If you want to explore and discover, go ahead and travel!

No comments:

Post a Comment