Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Is it a must to buy travel souvenirs during your travel?

I have a question for you travellers today. Is it a must to buy travel souvenirs during your travel? How necessary are travel souvenirs to you when you are travellling? Personally, I am not a fan of those travel souvenirs. However, I got to admit I did go all crazy over collecting travel souvenirs back then when I was a travelling teenager.

Why don't I buy travel souvenirs anymore and why do I think it is an unnecessary piece of memento to bring back home? Here are the reasons why I don't want to buy or collect no more travel souvenirs :

1. I have come to realized that some, if not most of the travel souvenirs I have bought (either from local travel or abroad) can be easily found from the local street market selling arts and souvenirs ranging with a huge bargain if you know how to haggle your way through things.

2. Most of the souvenirs sold at the souvenir stalls are typically made in China or India items. Well at least some of them are. Haha. So when it comes to buying something totally original from the country of origin where you happen to travel at the moment, the whole point is all lost altogether there. It is never going to be a 100% authentic souvenirs from that particular country you are travelling at.

3. My so called 'prized' souvenirs especially some drawings I've collected or bought from various countries have never found themselves framed up and hooked on the walls of my room. Unfortunately, they are all been stashed away in the closet in the same wrapping it was bought and seriously, I have no idea when they are ever going to be found displaying beautifully on any picture frame at my home. Not that they are ugly drawings or anything, I am just plain lazy to make the effort to frame things up. Haha.

4. Collecting lots of little souvenirs acquire space in my living which I don't really have at the moment. As to my current ideal life of living as a minimalist, I can do away with living without that many souvenirs displaying on my table although I still hang on to still a couple of  favourite souvenirs that I have collected a long time ago.

Then again, that is personally what I feel about why I don't buy travel souvenirs during my travel. Unless and only unless if it is something of a real value that I can never find ever again anywhere else in the world, probably I will get that one valuable travel souvenir to bring home. Hey, you got to at least buy something that is totally worth it to really identify something as a true travel souvenir, am I right?:)

Is is a must for you to buy travel souvenirs during your travel? If it is yes, why is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment