Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Strictly for the adrenaline junkie : White water rafting with Riverbug

You know what, if you are a true adrenaline junkie at heart, you will love to head on and do that crazy pumped up activity over and over again. It can never get old and that's exactly what I am (an adrenaline junkie at heart ) and  what I've done ( doing the things I love to do repetitively, haha). I can't believe it that I've done white water rafting at Sg.Kampar with the Riverbug crew for the 3rd time now! Like OMG!

[caption id="attachment_1121" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="You gotta lift the boat first before you can hit the water. Dang the raft is heavy."][/caption]

The real reason Sg.Kampar seems to be the perfect white water rafting destination for me was because:

1. It's near to home, thus it is convenient and feasible. Moreover it's an excellent day trip outdoor adventure for me.

2. After going for my second run of white water rafting at Sg.Kampar, I was asking for friends to go with me for white water rafting (wwr) at Padas, Sabah right after the whole gang came down from Mt.Kinabalu.  I was disappointed to find out that only Bullert was keen enough to go all crazy with me with this wwr and because of other issues, we decided not to go for white water rafting at Padas just yet.

3. I was doing some crazy planning for some fun outdoor holiday and on the itinerary I included white water rafting at Padas but I was let down again when we had to scrapped Sabah out from our holiday destination. Thus, to further not to disappoint myself and to quench my thirst for some kick of awesome adrenaline, I agreed for yet another round of white water rafting at Sg.Kampar with the Riverbug crew. This time around I was going with my sisters and my brother in law.

I can tell you one thing about any outdoor adventure activity which is every single trip is going to be unique, different and new to you regardless on how many times you have gone through the same river or track or jungle path. This time around I was literally praying to have yet another new experience for my white water rafting trip. My prayers were answered and I got this:

At one of the rapids, for no reason at all, I got thrown out from the raft and went straight on into the fast flowing white water. I remembered opening my eyes and saw water bubbles all over me. The next second, I was being tossed up and down like a helpless rubber ball scraping along the way rocks from the front and back. I also began to swallow more water and eventually was gasping for air so bad that I was literally making that deep breathing sound and I kept trying to breath until all the water spurted out from my lungs. In the split seconds, I saw our raft floating by me but I couldn't get hold of it until I turned and saw the kayak rescue guide on my side telling me not to panic and to hold the little steel at the back of his kayak. It scared me shitless! Haha. After being hauled back on the raft, I was finally breathing properly and it scared me the most not because I got thrown into the rapid. It was primarily because I couldn't breathe for the few seconds being tossed in the water. Imagine yourself not breathing? That's like close to dying! Hahaha.

Nevertheless, it was one heck of a ride and I loved it for the adrenaline and for making me close to drowning. A whole new experience altogether although I must say, it wasn't the first time that I had drowned and being rescued of course. =).

[caption id="attachment_1122" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Check out that Mat Salleh. He's expressionless. Haha"][/caption]

Another extra thing that we got to do besides the normal banana boat, body surfing and team body surfing, the Riverbug crew asked if we would like to have a go at kayaking. All the three members in my raft went for it except for me because I was still traumatized and shaken after the fall and the fact that I wasn't being able to breathe like 15 minutes ago. Haha. All in all, it was a fun day, good to see the crews back again and I'm hoping that soon enough I can get my ass trotting for white water rafting at Padas. Let's make that happen in this future shall we.

Check out the video below too!

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjFFa4l0Oqk

No comments:

Post a Comment