Pages

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

It's Summer Holiday, at least for people from the West!

Hi peeps,

July is the month for holiday and it is officially summer holiday for people living the in Western countries. Personally, I really can't wait for our little family holiday this month because I know that everyone really needs a break. If you are by any chance going to spend the next couple of weeks of your summer holiday down in Malaysia (that's where I'm at), let me share with you a little thing or two on things you can expect from Malaysia.

First is the weather. July 2009 was so different from July this year. It was crazily hot, humid and dry during this time of the year in 2009. However, the weather is constantly changing thanks to global warming and other factors only God knows what and because of that, this time around the year, we've been getting constant showers on certain days and it is all gloomy,windy and all in all a perfect weather not to hot or too chilly for the holiday. Despite that, we do get really extremely hot days and hot days are usually a sign that it will rain later on the day.

So, if you are going to spend most time outdoors ( on the beach or jungle), do gear up with enough sunblock lotion, a hat, sunglasses, light clothing and a rain coat (in case it rains). For clothing, personally I like to try wearing a nice cotton long sleeve shirt over a t-shirt if I'm going to spend most of the day under the hot sun. Since I'm not a big fan of lathering sticky sunblock lotion on my exposed body, the layering shirt helps to reduce the 'biting' effect on my skin from the UV rays. The sun rays can really hurt your skin and you can literally feel it gnawing or burning away on your epidermis.

And that pretty much a little thing or two that I wanted to share with you holidaymakers. Happy holiday and have a great one!

1 comment:

  1. send my regards to cutie Noa! i’m rooting for Netherlands this final world cup!

    ReplyDelete