Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Island Retreat at Pangkor Island

One of the nearest place for me to enjoy a quick island retreat is to head straight to Pangkor Island. It is a mere 20 minutes drive for me to get to Lumut Jetty. Only recently, visitors who wish to travel to Pangkor Island can enjoy an all new ferry trip from Marina Island, Teluk Muroh. The trip from Marina Island to Pangkor is said to take only 15 minutes instead for the close to 30 minutes ferry trip from Lumut Jetty.

The major attraction at Pangkor Island besides the crazy cycling round island trip that I do, is of course the beach and the water activities. To date, believe it or not, although I am local ( I'm from Sitiawan), I have only been to Pangkor Island only 3 times. Haha. You see, the locals don't really appreciate the best things they have in town so most people would rather go oversea to enjoy the beach. What more being typical of us Asians, we don't like to get our skin all 'dark' or the English term will more likely be 'tan'. But believe me, I'm not one of those 'scared to be dark Asian people'.

Although I would love to write more on those sea activities around Pangkor Island, I think you would enjoy it more from my pictures I took like a year ago. Enjoy!

[caption id="attachment_1089" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Pangkor Island on the ferry"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1090" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Teluk nipah, Pangkor Island"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1091" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Pangkor Island on a hot afternoon day"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1092" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Snorkeling buddies at Pangkor Island"][/caption]

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it was a very amazing experience. Pangkor Island is a very good place at all. One day I want to go there with my family enjoying the beautiful Pangkor Island. I'm sure everyone who went there will be able to enjoy the beauty of the island.

    ReplyDelete