Pages

Monday, April 20, 2009

Malaysian Nature Society (MNS)

I'm right now unofficially a member of the Malaysian Nature Society. Okay, let's get this straight, I'm not even a member but I happened to stalk a lot on their website to check out on their current events which are shit loads of really cool , adventurous activites. It's also a good society to be around like-minded people and you never know who you will stumbled upon to. Which in my case, I saw two familiar faces but never bother talking to them. Haha. We weren't that close anyways but that one person, we used to work together in the same team way years back. Damn, I can be a big time anti-social.

Back to MNS activities. They had caving events for last weekend at Pahang and I didn't get to join because I missed the theory class the week before. However, I did get to join their forest walk at Bukit Nanas which was unexpectedly fun! And for the upcoming 1st May, which is going to be a long holiday, they are organizing a PADI licensing trip at Mersing, Johor. For those dying to get your scuba licensing, this is a pretty good chance to make it happen. Oh, on the side note, I won't be joining because apparently, long holidays are meant for attending strings of friend's wedding invitation. Haha although, this year weddings are getting a bit sparse because almost all are already been there, done that.

Do check out on MNS website or you can add them at Facebook to get frequent updates on their latest acitivities. Do support our nature by signing up as a member and guess what it's Earth Day tomorrow so you might as well try to do something good for the Earth by now. The least thing you can do is to say no to plastic bags if you are merely purchasing an item or two at the shop.

2 comments:

  1. lol .. pineapple hill .. spent a lot of my secondary schooling days there as a scout .. did a lot of crazy things there .. ah .. the memories ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe..last weekend, your school had some kinda festival..ya, it's the st.john festival! all ruckus can be heard all the way in the jungle..lol

    ReplyDelete