Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Language Frenzy!

I love picking up languages and I'm proud to say that I've successfully passed another Level 1 language last week. Despite my last minute studying regime and 'un-serious' attitude during class, I did pretty well during the written and oral test. My teacher laughed at my written dialogue and so does the rest of the class when I recited my written role play. Hey, isn't learning suppose to be fun ? Hehe. Glad that they laughed at my "Lai la" and "Wo xihuan chi hanbaobao". =p

I've passed my first level Mandarin and I don't think I'll take up the next level just yet. I prefer to learn by practise rather than classroom learning. With Mandarin done, that marked my 3rd official foreign language learnt. At 13, I had to learn French because it happened to be in my Year 7 timetable. So I kinda learnt French by accident and I did pretty well in French despite got thrown from the top class to the bottom class (beginner's class), thanks to the timetable mixed up.

My second foreign language that I learnt was German or fondly known as Deutsch. I nailed the subject too and I still remember Frau Waultraud, a typical German lady with big, curly hair and big, sturdy figure and her strict nature. And yeah, she married a Malaysian and loves to talk about her only daughter and of course she's a true German at heart.

So, would I be taking up anymore language lessons after this? Yea, sure I will. Perhaps, Arabic will be next in line. =)

2 comments:

  1. Just a quick note to visitors of this blog, I don't like to approve Anonymous commenters because I would like to know who my readers really are. If you really have to comment under Anonymous, make sure you sign off with a proper Name. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol ! guten morgen haha !

    ps: teach me germany someday, pls !

    ReplyDelete