Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Missed a weekend Kuching trip but I am glad I missed it!

Yeah I have sum up what I am going to say in this post all in the title. Haha. So the story is, my dear FF (you can check out her blog on the link, although not much is going on there for now) won a pair of free air ticket to Kuching by a fairly new airline operator to Sabah and Sarawak. For some unknown reason our reply for the tickets redemption was not entertained not until it was 2 days before the day we were so suppose to fly which at that time I have already decided to not go because of the weather (raining and some parts of Kuching were flooded earlier last week and a plane skidded at the Kuching airport runaway) - all happening last week, so it wasn't exactly a good idea to rush and make it there all because of some free tickets.

And...to add on to things, I was feeling a bit under the weather on the weekend and I would have one of the worst days throughout the trip if we would actually have made it to Kuching on the weekend. So all in all, things happened for a reason and I'm just glad I hadn't gone on the trip.

However, I'm feeling a bit bad for FF because she was really anticipating to make her first trip of the year to somewhere in Borneo. Sorry partner, but I think we'll have a much better trip soon when the weather is perfect and with no rush ( for tickets and taking leave from work). Whatever it is, I'm still looking forward for some trip to Kuching and let's see if it's going to work out soon. As for now, I'm not going to plan on anything but I'm just going to go with the flow and focus on today and now.

3 comments:

  1. thanks for the credit! i was not 100% fit too during that period. so, yeah. decided not to go for the benefit of the both of us. and for the years to come, it'll be better to start a trip to borneo anytime in feb or march onwards. just to avoid the raining season :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome :) . Yeah, timing is everything when you are planning for a good travel experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya..the plane thing really freak out lotsa ppl and my love one was strained in KK that time too T_____T

    But actually not anything big and there's no flood anyplace in town~

    Thanks for dropping by~

    ReplyDelete