Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Finding my FOCUS

Wow, time really flies. We are already on week 3 out of the 52 weeks we will have to endure (with God willing) this whole year. So many things have been going on and so far I am pretty happy with it. Although there are still one major thing I have been holding back, procrastinating about and the one thing that I really needed the most now to help me going  is some FOCUS. Guess what, I found my FOCUS thanks to Leo Babauta.

I hear this all the time that if you focus and believe on things hard enough, you can achieve on what you wanted to achieve and I know that is true because I've done that before and the result was remarkably successful. It was even beyond my expectation that I never knew I was able to accomplish it with just a little bit of FOCUS. I know myself and I know I'm this kind of person who like to multi-task  and I lack focus on things. When I'm doing one thing, my mind started to wander and thinking about the next thing I should be handling and doing and I always have to tell myself to get the current thing done first and then you can move on to the next. It was a crazy mind game - imagine screaming to yourself in your head to get yourself to focus on one thing at a time. So that is me and no, it is not a good thing when it comes to producing quality in the work that I do.

So because I was asking for FOCUS, one fine day, I was reading another new post from Zen Habits and I found out about the new book by Leo Babauta which is "Focus - A Simplicity Manifesto In The Age of Distraction" . The book has two version - the free and the paid version and on my case, I downloaded the free one to check out on how good the book really is.

I must say, after reading only the first couple of chapters, I have found my focus by spending the time to work on the things needed to be done and spending less time on the distractions (Twitter, FB, blog hopping, etc). However if you really want to find out on how to focus on things fast, you can skip the first few pages and go on straight to Section IV: Focus; page 86. That will hopefully teach you on how to get started with focusing ASAP. I know I am not on this alone because we are all prone to distractions in our work and that is why we are stuck with that daunting timesheet we have to fill in everyday at work.

I still have a couple of pages left to finish up with the book because I deliberately don't want to finish up the book in one go. I want to be able to read it slowly so that whenever my focus is lacking, I can always go back to the book and continue on the reading further on it and learn more on keeping my focus right. If you are looking to have some focus in your life, I feel that this book by Leo can really help you to get on the right track. Please go and download it, take time to read it and let's just Focus already can we!

No comments:

Post a Comment