Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

I have a wish : To at least do one good deed once a week

I feel a huge need to specifically share this. So here goes ...

As part of sitting down for a couple of minutes and setting out my plans for the year, I have carefully written and included to do at least one good deed or thing in any form be it volunteering, donating, providing support and services to people who are in need, sharing thoughts and becoming a better listener - pretty much anything listed as a 'good thing' for at least once a week.

The reason I have put this in my bucket list of must do things this year is because I need to feel a sense of satisfaction and worthiness in my life. It may also be about searching my purpose in this life too. I also understand and truly believe that in the principle of living in a society these three simple things helps us to function and bind better as one which  are the act of sharing, giving  and accepting. Therefore, I feel the urge and need for me to share, give and accept and the least thing I can do about it is to remember to provide one good deed at least for once a week.

I am not trying to push things too hard by putting a high benchmark of becoming a super goody person for everyday because we all know this fact too well - we are all born to stray. Nevertheless, I hope once a week of doing something good should be a good start of making a change for something big that a lot of people can benefit from. Get this, you don't need to be a 'somebody' to start making a change on the way things are working in this life. You just need to be sincere and put service above yourself because the reward is going to be something extravagant that no money can buy.

If you are looking for a true happiness, self-worth and a huge sense of appreciation from people around you, the best thing for you to accomplish that is to start giving the things that you wanted to have in return receive the things you have been missing in this life. Just in case, you still don't know where to start, leave me a comment and I will share with you on ways you can start giving and begin receiving in your life and that is still accounted under doing one good deed for at least once a week. :)

So yeah, I have a wish and I plan to keep up with it which is to do at least one good deed for at least once a week. So what are you wishing for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment