Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

Stuffs I read for my Travel Ideas

If you are on a look out for a good read to generate your new travel ideas, here is a list of sites that I frequently visit or have subscribed in my reader:

1. Matador Network - boasted as the "World's Largest Independent Travel Magazine". There are so many things to offer in this site from travel tips, to living a life as a travel journalist, a travel blogger, and reading endless amount of travel journeys and discoveries especially if you can't literally travel to a particular place. This is one travel magazine that every traveler has to read and by far is among one of my favorites.

2. Briefcase to Backpack - a great website for those looking for a career break or a gap year where you will get brilliant travel ideas and list of things you can achieve and accomplish within your gap year.

3. Travel Channel.com - what easier way to get more ideas from none other than the Travel Channel. If you can't quite catch the channel on the tv, have a quick go at their site and you won't be left disappointed for missing that favorite Travel Channel show of yours on tv.

For local travel  or more like Malaysian outdoor adventure travel,  I have subscribed to these favorite bloggers of mine:

1. Jamie Soon - I bumped into her website after googling for Sg. Kampar white water rafting event and sure enough her blog comes on the first page of the Google search. Besides topping the rank in the search engine, I'm supposing Jamie is an avid traveler and outdoor adventurer girl. You got to check out where she had been to and I must say, I want to go there too!

2. Teoh Yew Aun - this guy is an all out , outdoor adventure junkie. His writing was recently published in the local NST if I'm not mistaken. I'm also sensing he dreams to become the Malaysian version of Bear Grylls which I think is quite possible with his kind of 'enthusiasm'. It's really interesting that he takes the time to video and document his jungle discoveries. That takes a whole lot of effort man and the videos are cool too.

3. My dad's Ride a bike travel blog! He's on a mission for a Round The World trip (RTW) by 2012. If you are into bikes,go check his blog. I do hope he gets to write more though and let's hope he can document his biking journey well. FYI, my dad christened his favorite RTW bike as Camel which is a Kawasaki KLR 650. We still think Camel is a funny name to call a bike. =p

4. Zue's Cerita Travel blog. Zue is my old time friend from Penang and a true Penangnite she is. She'll be going for a Euro trip next month and I can't wait to check out on her itineraries because Euro trip is not a bad idea for this year travel ain't it? =p

Yep. There goes my list of where I read to get my travel ideas. So I want to know, where do you read to get that crazy, wild travel ideas of yours?

2 comments:

  1. yeay! tenkiu promote my blog altho sangat la tak update... :P
    but yeah..i oso waiting for Europe trip to make the blog more lively...

    and thanks for all the other links... i'll bookmark them. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. no prob! u better update ur trip on the go...that'll be more fun for us to read=p

    ReplyDelete