Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Hiking up Broga Hill, Semenyih

Broga Hill

I'm proud to announce that I've hiked or climbed up this Broga Hill for the third consecutive times now! YAY! I figured that on the second climb that would be the last of Broga for me, but what the heck, who could turn down another invitation of Broga  when the sole purpose of climbing is to capture images of the scenery and the climbers! The 'cam-whoring' addition to the climb was good enough a reason for me to continue on the third Broga Hill hike of the year and I wonder if there is going to be more hike on this hill after this.

To sum things up, this hill is not exactly an easy hike especially for people who are relatively unfit like myself or in short, if you are lacking of stamina, you will suffer just a little bit on this hill. I suppose it is the same scenario which ever hill or mountain you are trying to conquer if you are just unfit!

My first attempt up the hill was a misery. Haha. I never had much work out prior to the climb and I was really panting hard during the first 5 minutes up the hill and I had to stop many times along the way. But it was not that bad really because I did made it to the first hill (there are 4 hills for you to conquer to get to the highest point of the hill) in around 30-35 minutes. I didn't have breakfast before the hike and was feeling a bit dizzy by the time I was on the first hill pit stop. I did managed to climb until the second hill on this first attempt. We would have climbed the third hill if the track was not slippery and it looked kind of unsafe for the two of us.

Broga Hill 3

On my second hike up, I had better preparation.I had a hearty-carbo breakfast and I was doing some jogging weeks before the climb. True enough climbing was easier because I had lots of energy and we even ran and jumped down during the descend in approximately 15-20 minutes all the way from the highest point, the 4th hill top. Also, we did get a little lost during this climb because we mistakenly taken another route and we decided to turn around and look for the route we followed the previous time. Thank god it was the four of us so we were pretty cool during the time we were kinda 'lost'. Haha. And because of that we lost 30 minutes of time just to get back to the correct route.

My third climb started out pretty hell-ish too. Haha. We hooked up with another person and he's very fit okay. We were hiking non-stop for a good 10 minutes and he was like already ahead of us but the both of us had just had to stop for a break. My heart was beating very fast and I was really trying to catch my breathe. At some point just before reaching the first hill, I was feeling dizzy and nauseous and I kept telling the rest to go on first without me. I really had to take 5 by then.

True enough upon reaching the first hill, I sat down on the rock and started to puke right after the phone call I got from my fellow hikers who was urging me to follow up with them on the next hill. I felt so much better after the puke and with much motivation from my hiking members, I did manage to reach the 4th hill! Yes! Not too bad for someone who puked. Hehe. We spent another hour taking pictures up the hill and we made another record breaking descend in a good 15 minutes right from the 4th hill without even stopping for a break. The only time we had to slow down was when a group was obstructing us but we cut them short with another route and I was going fast, literally running and jumping until my stomach hurts but I didn't care because I really wanted to get down quickly. Haha.

[caption id="attachment_414" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Mount Kinabalu captured during my last KK visit"]Mount KK[/caption]

All in all, it's great fun hiking and I suppose I don't mind doing it again provided I can beat my own personal timing next time around. Broga Hill is going to be one of the many trainings we are going to have prior to our Mount Kinabalu summit attempt next year. Can't wait for that!

4 comments:

  1. i scared now.
    i so long no practise...

    kk.....can ahhhh...scared scared. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries la..If we have to end up crawling up to the summit, we shall crawl together then! Haha. Still got 6 months to go. We can do it! Chaiyok!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha....crawl together... tenks babe! :P

    ReplyDelete