Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Driving 101

I'm trying to keep up on adding interesting posts in this Life's a commotion! and I thought about this post last night, while driving pretty fast and in sleepy mode. Yes, I do get sleepy while driving especially when it's late at night. Here is the Driving 101 that I ended up doing and some of the things that I found other people do too.

Driving 101:
1. Driving in KL can be pretty stressful and the traffic put together with mad drivers can really get on your nerves. So quite often I hear ,"Hoi, C****,L*****,So***, and more bleeps with hand gestures all out. With that I have mastered some pretty useful Cantonese! Haha!

2. When you are driving on a sharp corner, some 'incompetent' drivers and shamefully I do find a lot of men drivers actually step on the brakes the whole way through the cornering rather than lowering down the gear and step on the accelerator full on. I enjoy the 'dragging' feeling while driving like this on corners and you can go pretty fast too because it's safe and that's how you should tackle cornering on the road. Good technique for both manual and automatic transmission.

Personally, I enjoying driving like this on KL-Putrajaya highway (the crazy cornering right before the Putrajaya exit toll), Sprint highway from HP Towers, Damansara towards the down hill stretch (going extremely fast on lower gear and no brakes at all), cornering from Tropicana to KBU and pretty much any types of cornering.Yeah!

3. The speed I'm going mostly depends on the mood of music that is currently blasting on my radio. To get things all pumped up and because I love loud, head-banging, crazy dance, Electronica, techno musics, I'll ended up going as fast as the music goes. If you are with me in the car, please fasten on your seat belt like really tight. Thank you! But fret not, I don't usually drive like this when I have passengers around and I only do this to get my sense of 'adrenaline-cravings' from driving.

4. Despite going pretty fast while driving, I always and always stick to my lane, never going an inch more towards the next lane. I also always indicate with signal whenever I'm making a lane change and raise that 'Thank you' sign when someone gives me way. Another important thing that I do is checking out on the 'blind spot' while changing lanes or overtaking.

That's pretty much it for now. And hey peeps, drive safe and carefully when you are on the road okay. Stop being an arse of yourself by becoming one of those road bullies and crazy, reckless driver.

No comments:

Post a Comment