Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I love Chic Lit!

Have you ever thought that a walk in the 'forest' can bump you into super bargain price of fabulous Chic Lit books? It never crossed your mind at all , am I right? I was one of the luckiest people to bump into a book stall where they sell 'new' second hand books for only 5 bucks a piece. That's MYR5 not USD5 okay!

My only other book buying competitor was this extremely fair skinned lady. She looks pale actually. She was the one who started the books grabbing frenzy by getting her hands on books after books and best of all, most of them books I happen to like too. Damn. But thinking again about the possibility of getting too many books merely for collection purposes, I grabbed 3 very awesome books. Oh well, at least it's awesome enough for me.

The selections are :
1. Shopaholic Takes Manhattan by the very famous Sophie Kinsella.
My first read on her book was Shopaholic and Baby. Bought it for something way cheaper than Malaysian pricing while I was in India. Since there's nothing much to do there other than working, most of us simply resort to buying lots of books while we were there.

2. The Nanny Diaries by Nicola Kraus & Emma McLaughlin.
I remember buying this book for my friend for her birthday present cum gift exchange present that we all had to give. That was like a year ago I think. I also read a couple of chapters of the book before wrapping it up in the gift wraps. Hehe.

3. A Year In The Merde by Stephen Clarke.
Thanks to Weng for introducing this 'Merde' book series. Although it took me close to a year to finish reading Merde Actually and returning it back to the rightful owner, nevertheless, I'm so looking forward to read this edition of the bloody Merde. Oh in case you all didn't know already, merde means shit in French. Like Scheisse in German. Haha.

Since I have these 3 books with me, that means, my collection of 'unread' books have accumulated to more than 5 books. I had 3 books which I bought from MPH early this year that I've yet to finish reading. Hmm... in case some of you are interested to get your hands on these books, once I'm done reading, do let me know. I may be giving away them for half price or whatever the price you bargain for. My other books will be :

Angels and Demons by Dan Brown - still struggling to finish reading it although I already watched the movie
Hannibal Rising by Thomas Harris - watched the movie too like ages ago but the book is nicely placed on the shelf waiting to be opened and read.
Everyone Worth Knowing by Lauren Weisberger - I'm done reading this
Chasing Harry Winston by Lauren Weisberger - Done reading this too. Bought this one in India.
If You Could See Me Now by Cecilia Ahern - Done reading

p.s: getting rid of all these books will help for me to get other books to stock the shelves again! Ain't that wonderful. Drop a line if you are interested in any of the books.

10 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I have watched Angels and Demons too. It is quite nice but I feel that the movie is like rushing too fast. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Greenleaf! Yea I know, the movie is like the fast fwd version of the book. In just 15 minutes, it can cover up to 150pages of the entire book. Oh well, movie version is always way simplified. Lacking the true adrenaline from line to line reading. Can't expect much of movies and that's why we have books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No2..it was a f***ing great movie i even don't want to blink my eyes.don't compare it to the action-packed movie,it's un-matchable.i guess ppl need to read the book first,and then go watch the movie..baru ade klimaks.haha..

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey .. lend me a year in merde .. ok? its stephen clarke's first book and i have yet to read it though i have just finished the third book in the series (you want it?)..

    ReplyDelete
  5. k Weng! we shall exchange dem books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. tgk citer angels n demons dgn fina .. x aci
    dh lame plan nk tgk dgn dia ..
    :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. odin oh odin!name ko sedap2, jadi odin lak..hehe..neways, ajak la dia dan AKU tgk skali lagi ape susah...heheh..not my fault wei!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i forgot d .. remember the invitation, but forgot the movie's name

    ReplyDelete
  9. Min,

    i have all Cecilia's and Sophie's books if u wanna pinjam. feel free to stop by at my house ok?

    toodles.

    p/s: chasing harry winston best ka?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ms Peri Ungu! I thort so that u would have all those books..U are the Queen of Chic Lit woman!hehe..Chasing harry winston - Nice! Lotsa details bout clubbing life! Hehe..

    ReplyDelete