Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Standard Chartered KL Marathon 26th June 2011 - Are you ready?

Hey, ya'll! The Standard Chartered KL Marathon 2011 is coming up this Sunday - 26th June ! Are you ready for some good and fun running?

Personally, I'm going to be easy on myself for this 10 km event which I will participate this Sunday. I'm not running for any top 3 placings like how I used to train and run about a decade ago. I've done some trainings and a trial run last weekend. The timing is fair enough for someone who recently started training to run again after years of long hiatus. Although, I really think my running coaches years back would have expected me to run at a better timing - about an hour for a 10 km run. Haha.

I figured that I should be able to finish a 10 km run probably about an hour and half and that will be a combination of running and fast walk. No need for extra exertion to finish the run but still you'll just never know. I may be fully motivated by other runners during the event day,hence there are highly likely that I'll be running faster than usual.

I'll be running light with no mp3 ( I think so - I still haven't decided on this one) and probably I'll stash some cash into my pocket ( still deciding on which pants to use) and I'll be running along with my handphone just for good measures since I don't intend to store anything at the locker. I may probably be taking the free bus ride from Kelana Jaya LRT station somewhere around 6 am. I really need to finalize on these. But no matter what, I'll get myself at the starting point somehow.

I wonder if there are a lot of people who are running alone on that day and if you are, probably we should start making friends. LOL.

Praying for good health, excellent running, super awesome weather condition, nice crowds and loads of fun this Sunday. See you guys at the Standard Chartered KL Marathon 2011 yeah! Ooh, I can't wait ... or maybe I just can't wait for it to be over! :)

1 comment: