Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Quad Biking : It Gets Even Better After You Crash!

When it comes down to quad biking and especially when it is your first time riding a quad bike, things only get even better when you experienced your first ever bike crash! Yes, bike riding gets crazily addictive even after you crash. You got to believe me on that one, although  I have to admit that I was a little bit traumatized for a good few minutes after the crash.

Cutting the long and boring story short ( I hope this excites you instead), I figured that I should at least capture the quad bike crashing moment and the best thing I could come up with was to illustrate the crash with my sketches. Below is the closest on what  I could vividly remember during my quad biking crash at Queenstown, New Zealand :

[caption id="attachment_2199" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="This is how I crashed on my quad bike and yes, I sketched this one up myself . :)"][/caption]

Let's close up on the sketch shall we.



1. I lost control of the quad during a turning (it wasn't even a sharp turning) and I hit straight on towards a 'huge ass' pole. Haha talking about being a big time klutz right!



2. Naturally, after a strong impact one will fall and in my case, I plunged forward over the handle bar and the sequence of events followed by a couple of front rolls all over the ground. This was an awesome stunt and I remembered falling over the yellow fender of my quad, tucking in my head and did a front roll like a gymnast!



3 & 4.  I continued on rolling while both my legs went scraping against the wire fence.



5. Finally, the rolling stopped with me falling flat on my stomach with my face down kissing the dirt on the ground.



6. I rolled myself to face up and at this point, I felt a sharp pain on my right side around the pelvic area. I tried to stand up but I can't and I laid there on the ground for a couple of seconds feeling utterly hopeless.

7. I tried again to stand up from my left side and pushed myself upward and...



8. Phew, it was a huge relief to be up again. The next thing I knew, the guide came running back to find me and he saw that I had crashed and the first thing he asked was, " Are you okay? Did you break any bones? ". He did looked genuinely worried there but all was good. I was fine and I continued the next hour quad biking on the off road adventure.

The quad biking adventure in Queenstown, New Zealand was awesome and it gets way awesome-r after I crashed! And this, shall be a great adventure story that I can always talk or brag about always in the future. Have you any great biking incident that you can always share or brag about with people? Do share it with me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment