Pages

Thursday, June 09, 2011

Photo Travel : Quad Biking in Queenstown, New Zealand

I've never rode on a four wheeler or quad bike or the ATV bike before, hence having a go at it while I was in Queenstown, New Zealand for our close to a month Great Kiwi Road Trip, couldn't have been any better than that. It was superb and a MUST DO thing for anyone looking for a real biking, dirt road adventure.

Another important thing to note is : Quad Biking can be ADDICTIVE! If speed and thrill is your kind of game, Quad Biking is an absolute MUST TRY!


[caption id="attachment_2188" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Yours truly posing on a quad bike minutes after I had an awesome 'fall & flip' from the quad bike"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_2189" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Splashing through the water on the quad bike"][/caption]

Juicy things you ought to know on my first time quad biking experience :

1. It was awesome shite and  I want to do it again and again!

2. It got a whole lot better because I met with an accident with my quad and no, nobody hit me. Instead, I hit a mega huge fencing pole for no reason at all and I literally 'flew' over the handle bar, flipped 360 degrees twice, scraped my legs over the wire of the fence and finally, falling flat on my stomach. All that happened in a split second while my quad bike and my friend were already ahead of me in front and yes, it took them sometime to realize that I had gone MIA. Lol!

Oh, other than that, I'm perfectly FINE! Thank God!

3. I love speed and drifting at cornering whenever I drive and I got to do just that on those many corners with the quad! Super great fun!

4. With my level of competency on the quad, I was riding on automatic transmission all the way (that's on the 3rd gear I think) and I was only riding on the Beginners Trail for about an hour 15minutes. It was exhausting, bumpy but with tonnes of fun!

5. I'm in love with quad and now I'm having some crazy ideas to get one in the future or at least if I can't get a quad, I should get a motorbike.

6. It was a great quad biking experience after going through an insanely exhilarating and heart wrenching free fall from my first ever bungy jump at Nevis Bungy the day before.

So yeah, if you happen to travel around to Queenstown, New Zealand and you are in need for an adrenaline fix, make sure you go crazy with some off road biking experience either on the quads or bikes. You will absolutely love it to bits :)

* There are a few off road quads and bikes tours that you can choose from in Queenstown. The one that I went with was with :

Off Road Adventures, Queenstown : www.offroad.co.nz (0800 633 7623)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Yazmin,

    How are you?I saw your trip to New Zealand.It must be very exciting.
    Now in Gopeng, we offer ATV too.You can come and try it if you wish to.

    From,
    David and Janice
    Gopeng Rainforest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys! Nice to hear from both of you. Yea, the quad bike trip in NZ was challenging and really awesome. I had a good one. Care to share on details of your ATV package? I may have friends who would be interested to join up :)

    ReplyDelete