Pages

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Shoe Review: Adidas Response Trail 16

A couple of months back I got myself a new running shoes as the one I had earlier was pretty much battered. The sole came out and there are little traction left on the sole. I was looking for a trail and outdoor running shoes and finally decided to get this – Adidas Women's Response Trail 16 Running Shoe


httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grRsHdzF9Ls

How I feel about the shoe while running on different terrains:

1.Jungle trekking – going uphill and downhill
Since the sole is new, I still slipped a couple of times while walking on slippery tree branches and rocks. The traction is pretty good although I was expecting for better grips on the sole while going uphill the slippery jungle path. Coming downhill, I feel rather confident with this shoes because it provides great toe support at the front of the shoes.

2.Running on grassy trail
Traction is great because the grass was dry. I have yet to test it out on wet morning dew grassy trail but I expect it to be an excellent run with this shoes. I feel comfortable running with this pair but do watch out for blisters on your ankle if you wish to wear a low cut/invisible socks. Since this is a really new pair of shoes, it is best to put on an ankle length socks to avoid blisters before the shoes starts to season as you frequent the shoe's usage.

3. Hiking on wet terrain
Of course the Response Trail 16 will get absolutely wet if you have to cross a little patch of water as deep to just below your knee which in my case that's what happened and I had to cross the water trail to move further into the trail. Despite getting all drenched, the nylon mesh upper on the shoes is quick to dry and it has a lightweight-breathability function which is great for any wet or damp trail running condition. With good exposure from the sun during your trail running, you can expect for the shoes to dry as you run along. Also since it is a mesh upper, it can get pretty breezy at the front of your toes especially if you tend to run towards the wind direction.

Conclusion:
This Adidas Response Trail 16 is great for outdoor trails with great traction from the ForMotion control . The price is pretty reasonable for a new arrival in Adidas Stores throughout Malaysia. I got a 20% off from the original price, hence it was a good buy for me. Go get one of your own Adidas Response Trail 16 for your outdoor runs right now by clicking the link  here.

3 comments:

  1. friends who came back from Mount K mentioned that the local guides use 'Adidas Kampung' and they swear by its usefulness. Do check em out when you are there.

    Oh, all the best in conquering Mount K!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I've read bout that too. I guess footwear is just "yet another accessories" for our local people. I've read in one blog, the girl climbed all the way to the summit with Crocs. Ain't that nuts and cool altogether? Local Chinese Uncles at the place I go hiking here goes hiking in the jungle without any shoes on. That's the way to go I suppose. Blending body (feet) with nature as you go along. =p. Getting super psyched about Mt.K. Wooho!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shoe is miCoach compatible - to display heart rate, calories burned, and elapsed time.

    ReplyDelete