Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Fun beach run and swimming a.k.a mini Biathlon

I was watching a lot of marathon and triathlon events on the Sports Channel lately and it got me itching to have a fun beach run and swimming on the beach thus making my very own mini Biathlon. I did exactly that two weeks ago and man, I really love it. The beach run was awesome especially when you get to breathe in cool, salty morning sea breeze and the weather was just perfect too. I suppose I made approximately a 1km run along the beach mostly making 100 m or so of repeated laps and I made one long run on another end of the long beach during the final lap. There weren't a lot of people on the beach that morning so the run wasn't interrupted by overcrowding beach goers.

Since I weren't keen about running shoeless on the beach because I was afraid to step on some sharp seashells, I was running with my open-toes sandals which was a bad idea. I kept brushing my big toe on the side of the sandal and thanks to that, I had to poke a blister out from the side of the toe later that day. It felt good though to poke your blister although I'm not sure if it is a recommended thing to do when you get a blister.

After the fun beach run, I went straight on for a couple of laps of swimming in the ocean. It was tough because I was getting out of breathe and tired from my beach run and now I have to strain the lungs with breathing in the water. I didn't get to do much laps because I was tired by then and I stepped on a sharp thing in the water, so I called it a quit after a couple of short laps. The biathlon ended soon after that and I have a newfound respect for triathletes out there for their strong endurance and stamina.

Since I had a pretty mini Biathlon, I got to play around with my camera on the beach. So check out the pictures and tell me what do you think? Care to have a mini Biathlon with me perhaps? =p



[caption id="attachment_839" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Beach run aka Mini Biathlon"][/caption]

No comments:

Post a Comment