Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Not so quick update on Mt.Kinabalu latest happenings

Ever since I was totally hooked on Mt.Kinabalu via ferrata activity conducted by non other than the Mountain Torq company, I was quick to follow them on Facebook just like any typical ardent fan will follow their ultimate favorite band which in my case I fan DJ Tiesto and The Prodigy on my Facebook. Gosh, I just love them. Sorry, just cannot help myself from getting off track from the topic. =)

Anyhow, since I am following Mountain Torq or the Via Ferrata Asia group in Facebook, I have the privileges of getting updates on anything regarding Mt. Kinabalu. Of late I have been getting news about water shortage at the mountain due to the dry weather. Without rain for close to four weeks since late February it resulted to low water reserve on the mountain * this was update I received on March 9. Due to that facilities on the mountain are forced to go on the water conservation mode by limiting water usage strictly only for cooking and drinking. No showers allowed for guest's accommodation. As on March 21, the group updated that rain finally showered the mountain however it was not heavy enough to fill up the water reserve.

Other updates...

I just found out there will be a charity climb on the mountain conducted by Shelter Home for Children, KL. The charity climb will be held from 18-21 April 2010. I am not sure if you can still participate in the charity climb with them since if I read correctly, the registration date was closed on the 26 February. However, if you are interested to donate towards their drive to raise RM100,000 for their Shelter Home you can still do so by contacting them directly here. What is interesting about this climb is that a one legged young man is going to attempt the climb towards the summit and if you happen to be climbing Mt.Kinabalu on the same date as them, do give your support for these climbers. Too bad I am only climbing in May.

I just hope the weather will get better and the mountain will see more rain in days to come. On that note, I should be training more since April is coming pretty soon. Yikes! My stamina is still not up to standard and April is going to be a do  or die training regime. Until more updates, happy training to my fellow comrades and safe climbing for all climbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment