Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

I think I need to go somewhere someplace...

As much as I really wanted to go out and go somewhere someplace, the reality is I really can't. Not now or not until end of the year. Well at least until I get some major major things going and I'm just going to go with the mantra that let all good come and be easy while  all bad be hard or all bad - shoo away please.

On another note, my dad is right now on his motorbike Euro trip. He is going to be there roughly for about 2 months. The last update that I got a couple of days ago, he was in France, just crossed over from the UK. It is already fall( it is already cold out there) and it is actually off-season for bikers to go riding. However, if you set your mind and determined enough to do something, regardless of anything, you will get over things. It's all mind over matter.

[caption id="attachment_1323" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Dad on his Kawasaki KLR, not the one used for his Euro trip"][/caption]

My dad is traveling solo and on his rented motorcycle. I don't have any idea on the exact model of the bike he is traveling with but I do know it has to be one of those dual purpose or dual sport motorcycle. He is going totally old school and basic with no high-end GPS, relying solely on maps like how the family used to travel around the UK back in the 90's. It is too bad that he doesn't update his blog - Ride a bike travel on the go or what more tweet on his whereabouts. Haha. I suppose when you are traveling alone especially on the motorbike, you ought to focus more on the riding and experiencing the view rather than tweeting all the time. I think he got his little journal along with him, so we are going to have to wait on what he may be sharing on his trip at his blog: later on after he gets back.

Anyways, the whole point is, if you think you want to do something so much, just go out there, plan for it and just do it. I don't know about you, but for me, I'm dedicating my time to do the things I wanted to do and accomplish Right Now! I don't want to wait until I'm 'older' to do something. Life is so precious and if you haven't realized just yet, the clock seems to be ticking much faster these days. If you think you need to go somewhere someplace, go ahead, just GO!

3 comments:

  1. oh! he's currently travelling! i'm sure he used to swim across the cold sea. so cold weather isn't a big deal ;) unlike me la. swim tak boleh, sejuk sgt pun tak tahan :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think he ever swam in the cold sea before. Well, one thing you should know about a biker, regardless of the weather, they will simply go and RIDE! I'm pretty sure the pumped up adrenaline that keeps 'em all going through the cold or heat. Bikers are pretty hard-core people really. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. min, your father is so cool! agreed with you, just do it girl!
    btw, ledang x jadi, so we're heading to penang. jom la ;)

    ReplyDelete