Pages

Thursday, June 03, 2010

Fried Chicken Recipe - Success Story

Woo hoo!

I can't hardly remember the last time I made a post on recipes. I used to have the time to cook but not anymore now. Anyhow, I saw this recipe while watching "Chuck's Day Off" on the AFC Channel and it got me tempted to try cooking the same way he made his super delish fried chicken.

[caption id="attachment_958" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Fried Chicken Recipe"][/caption]

The Fried Chicken attempt was a major success and it was the first time ever that I'd made a nice, crispy well cooked, moist fried chicken. My other attempts always left me with some half cooked chicken and it didn't get crispy for long. So here goes the ultimately simple fried chicken recipe - guaranteed to be tasting as what you get and taste on any KFC fried chicken outlets out there.

Fried Chicken Recipe :

1. Save the fuss and hassle, so go get yourself one of those Fried Chicken flour mix sold in a box for about RM 1. If you don't have the time to get one, use some flour, add a mix of spice of choice, salt and pepper. The trick to cooking is to be creative and let your taste bud do the work.

2. Follow the instruction on the box:

- beat some egg white ( I didn't want to waste the yolk so I beat one whole egg instead) and dip the chicken pieces into the egg.

- cover the chicken with the flour mixture (I added some chilli powder to for a spicy flavored fried chicken)

- deep fry the flour coated chicken pieces for 10-15 minute on each sides ( depending on the size of your pieces)

3. Once that done the trick of trade here is to put all your deep fried chicken into a pyrex and shove it into the oven for the next 15 minutes or so. This will help to cook the inside bit of your chicken thus leaving the texture all moist and juicy.

Real yummy and a must try. It beats going after that Spicy Ayam Goreng McD or Spicy KFC Fried Chicken. It's less the salt, healthy, and worth the effort. Although be prepared to take sometime for the cooking process. It takes patience to enjoy a great fried chicken. Do give this fried chicken recipe a go!

2 comments:

  1. according to one diet book, an 'A' blood type person is recommended to take chicken in their daily nutrition. i guess that's why i love chicken more than fish, bcz my blood carries alphabet A =)

    the chicken looks yummyyyy~

    waiting for my Big Mac atm haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had mcd a couple of days back too! haha. can't get over mcd. dang!

    ReplyDelete