Pages

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Artsy-fartsy!

Hallo Alles! Hello All!

I did get to watch Pirates of The Carribean. A real comedy and absolutely superb. I don’t mind watching it again and enjoy with the rest of the movie-goers laughing our lungs out at the cinema hall. Other than that, I never knew there is a gallery/museum at KLCC apart from the Petronas Gallery. It is a great place to visit and shop for all you art & culture lovers out there.

The gallery is called Pucuk Rebung Gallery Museum. If I’m not mistaken, it belongs to the Kelantanese Royal King family (Royal King?? is there such word?? haha). Although the place is not exactly huge, but surely it is packed with a whole lot of things. There are wooden masks from Sarawak, acrylic paintings, abstract paintings, traditional Malay clothes, crafts of all sorts and I was particularly amazed at the wooden hand-made ladder with some intricate cravings on it. It is unique and definately a collectible. Among all the things there, I really adore those abstract painting from one of the artists but I could not remember his name though, Wei something...I don’t know.

His paintings are simply adorable, attractive, cute, very cultury , vibrant and colourful with a hidden message of love in each of the paintings. Most of the paintings are blue and potray a cartoony image of a huge, fat fish which is painted in a really bright blue. On the inside of the fish, there are some fun love signs, with some typical wooden kampung house and coconut trees surrounding the compound and animals roaming around happily. The message is really simple I guess. It is all about Love. The title of those paintings is something lovey-dovey too which I could not remember exactly what. Hehe. About the pricing, the bigger one costsRM980 while some other small ones probably in the size of 4Rs cost RM60 each. I would really love to get one of those paintings if only I have my own house right now or probably living on my own now. It is pointless to decorate our current house at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment