Pages

Monday, April 03, 2006

Innocent souls!

Kids can be equally charming and monstrous or probably plain cheeky at the same time. Have a look at this scenario:

"Teacher, I want to go back to my class. I wanna take my ruler," said student A. The teacher answers, "No! I have a ruler. You can use mine."

In this case here, student A is trying to be a smart Aleck. He is trying to escape the class and would love to enjoy some loiter moments around the school instead of being in the classroom. As always, the teacher is always smarter. She denies permission, thus the student stays in the classroom.

Later during lesson, the teacher saw something in the student A pencil case. Guess what?? It is the ruler.

"Hey, you lied to me! You told me you left your ruler in the class. So what is this?" said the teacher while glaring with her two big eyes at the poor kid. "Oh, teacher! I'm sorry. It's here. I didn't see it before." Yeah sure. It is obvious that he is trying to cover up for the lies he made earlier and being a smart teacher, the teacher never believes the kid and straight forwardly tell the kid ,"You lied to me!".

After close to an hour of lesson, the teacher is standing behind student A trying to teach another kid on the exercises. Student A wanted to pull his chair using his good right foot but unknowingly kicked the teacher instead. Ouch!!!

"Hey, you just kicked me!" said the teacher.
"Sorry teacher. I wanted to pull my chair forward. Sorry teacher "said student A.
"Oh, you lied to me earlier and now you kick me!"

Student A never stops to apologise soon after. The teacher accepted the apology and said it is okay.

12.55pm,

The bell rings. Class is over. Kids are supposedly walking two by two in a fashionly order, rushing towards home. The young teacher is caught in the middle of the rushing kids. One kid stopped by the teacher and stuck a tiny hand to salam and sniff the teacher's hand. A few others follow suit. Surprisingly, student A suddenly appeared out of nowhere and greet the teacher too. He begins to salam by pulling the teacher's hand close to his oily face and sniffed at the dusty hands of the teacher. With a big smile he said goodbye and flee away in excitement to get home. The young teacher is left in awe. Never before she has been greeted and appreciated in such a way, what more the kid who salam was an Indian.

At the end of the day, the young teacher went home a happier person. The kids have definately touched her heart today.

1 comment: