Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

I Have A Dream : To Live in A Tiny Home

If you haven't known already, of course you don't - I have the craziest dream to one day live in a tiny home or a container home - basically, anything small, minimal but functional, efficient, energy savings and ultimately self-sufficient - with built in solar energy to power the home and treated water from the underground. I think the whole idea seemed so possible to achieve when the family bought a container cabin and we literally lived in there once in a while. The tiny home living experience got even better when I stayed in Holiday Parks around New Zealand and we stayed in a self-contained cabin : totally equipped with running water, portable heater, kitchen, dining/living area, bathroom and the beds!

I simply love the idea that we don't have to have much 'stuffs' to be happy with our life and to appreciate the little things that we have around us. Thus,  living in a tiny home seemed like an ideal way to live, at least for me that is. Perhaps, I wasn't one of those kids who dreamed, when I grow up that I wanted to have a huge house to live in. Despite saying that, while growing up I've had the privileged to live in different houses and some are really big ones. While it's great to have space for yourself living with few other people in a home, however, the daunting fact on the amount of cleaning you have to deal with is not a good thing for a cleaning freak like me. I think I have a small case of OCD going on where I literally have to constantly wash my hands, wiping, washing, scrubbing, collecting stuffs which drives me insane but I just can't help from not doing them.

Hence, I believe it make more sense for someone like me to have little stuffs to deal, so there will be less mess to clean up and living in a tiny home seemed like the perfect thing to do. I really hope, soon enough in my lifetime I will finally achieve this dream of mine. If you think it's not possible to live in a tiny home, well think again because a lot of people are actually living in them especially those in big, metropolitan cities in the world.

I'm going to stop here by sharing the kind of favourite YouTube videos that I enjoy watching from time to time and one of them is this Tumbleweed Tiny Homes:



No comments:

Post a Comment