Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Travel Photos : Postcards from My Road Trip in New Zealand

It's time for that Travel Photos  again and this time around it is a series of travel postcards from my road trip in New Zealand.

Do you send postcards to people at home when you are traveling? I recently do! I would like to make it a ritual when I travel to send people at home really interesting postcards. It's going to be exciting for the receivers don't you think?

Here are some of the Travel postcards I sent to family and friends while I was on a 24 days, adventurous travel road trip in New Zealand :

[caption id="attachment_2624" align="alignleft" width="640" caption="            "]

Postcard of Shotover Jet - Jet Boating in Queenstown, New Zealand : http://www.shotoverjet.com/

 

Maori Warrior Dance postcard where performances are held each day at Te Puia located in Rotorua, North Island, New Zealand. For more on Te Puia, click here:

 
[/caption]

Postcard of a beautiful lake view with the reflecting mountain range effect on the surface of the lake.



Last but not least, a postcard of Mount Cook!

I'm happy to announce that everyone who received the postcards were really happy to have them in their mails. I'm pretty sure the happiest out of all of them would be my little 3 year old niece who can already read  and recognize her name. Unfortunately, one recipient didn't receive hers and I'm sorry for that girlfriend.

I know sending postcards are really old school but I think it is one of those really nice surprises you can give to anyone when they check out their mails. Postcards are nice, colorful, you can leave short lines of nice things to say and for that, what's  not to like with postcards?

Do you send postcards when you are traveling? If you haven't make it a habit of sending one just yet, I think you should start doing it now. It's nice to hear what are the reactions you will get from the recipients and I'm very sure they will all be  more than happy to get at least one postcard any of these days. On that note, if you have no one you can think of who would like to get a postcard, why don't you send one to me? I'll be happy to blog about it then.

6 comments:

  1. i love the Maori Warrior Dance postcard from you yasmin! Thanks a million!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's my pleasure, Jeyzee :). I just knew right away when I saw the Moari warrior that you are really going to love that picture on that postcard! Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey this is a great idea! i might do this from India! Is it easy to post them though?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Owh man! I really don't know about the postal service in India. I didn't make the time to send one home when I was there. Why don't you try and send one from there then? Send one for me too! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh love the first postcard.. did u try the jet boat? I didn't get a chance to try it during my stay in Queenstown :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, I didn't. I was thinking it was not really that 'adventurous', haha and I didn't want to get wet with the cold water (was there during end of Summer/early Autumn - cold enough for my Malaysian skin :)). However, I did the off-road Quad Biking and Nevis Bungy jump though. I would have done sky diving too but I sorta injured myself from the Quad Bike ride so probably I'll save up sky diving when I go to Australia next.

    The quad bike accident was pretty silly actually and thank God, I didn't break a bone or something. If you are keen to know how silly me lost control of the quad, read it here :Quad Biking: It get's Even Better After You Crash :)

    ReplyDelete