Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy Chinese New Year! Xin Nian Kuai Le!

Happy Chinese New Year to everyone who is celebrating everywhere around the world. Gong Xi Fatt Choi, Xin Nian Kuai Le!

Thanks to the majority Chinese neighbours that I have, I got to see fireworks everywhere around the neighbourhood at the stroke of midnight to welcome the New Dragon Year. But no, I think a lot of people got all excited and started to fire up things 10 minutes before midnight.:)

For some unknown reason, I'm having the feeling that everyone is welcoming the Dragon year with a much higher energy and spirit than the last year - The Rabbit year . In a way, I think it is a great spirit to kick off the year although come to think of it, we are kicking off the year  yet again after the New Year 2012 celebration we just had 3 weeks ago.

With my room and almost the entire house completely filled with firecrackers smoke, I  am hoping to retire to bed with a good feeling that this year 2012 or this Dragon year is going to be filled with a lot of great surprises, loads of success, more fun and adventures.

Gong Xi Fatt Choi, Xin Nin Kuai Le, everybody - regardless you are a Chinese or not and I know I'm not or probably I am like a quarter somewhat Chinese blooded. :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment