Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

I got myself a Koru Rose Quartz Pendant | New Zealand Jade Design

So there you go! That's me with a Koru (Spiral) design Quarts Pendant. I was browsing around the souvenir shop in Rotorua, New Zealand and I stumbled across the pendant and necklaces rack. New Zealand has a pretty nifty traditionally designed pendant usually crafted on those beautiful green coloured New Zealand jade.

Jade can be pretty pricey and usually in Malaysia, we only see old Chinese aunties who traditionally will wear jade jeweleries. So, getting myself a jade pendant didn't sound like a good idea. Hehe. However, I really love the unique traditional New Zealand designs on the jade and I was attracted to the particular pendant that I bought.

[caption id="attachment_2675" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Koru Pendant with Rose Quartz - Maori Traditional Jade Design"][/caption]

It is a Rose Quartz with the Koru or Spiral design. I really thought it fits me well until I finally read at the back of the little card that comes along with the pendant on the meaning of both the Rose Quartz and the Koru (Spiral) design.

Rose Quartz:

The stone of love, acceptance and forgiveness. Removes negative energy by dissolving hidden tensions. Possessing a very pacifying effect, the Rose Quartz is both uplifting and positive. Counteracts the effects of computer or terrestrial radiation.

Koru ( Spiral) Design represents :


New beginnings, growth and harmony

I guess there is a reason why I was attracted to the Koru Rose Quartz pendant or probably I just love the look of them. Either way, if you are down in New Zealand, I think it is worth to get hold of the various traditional, New Zealand jade pendant designs and I am pretty sure you will love it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment