Pages

Friday, August 01, 2008

HOLLY COW! I was chased by a COW!!

We were excited to go back way earlier than usual and by 3 minutes to 6 pm we were already waiting by the dusty street across the office waiting for an empty 'shared auto'.As always, I will roll the leg of my pants a little bit up so that I won't have dust or cow dunk stuck in between it. Even while walking, one have to be able to look in the 360 degrees direction. In short, just look around you.

The reason why you should look in all directions ( up,down, left, right):
1. You don't want to be stepping into those dry and dusty or newly 'baked' cow dung or whatever the poo-poo is on the street.
2. Vehicles big or small are capable of coming in any direction that they wish. Eg: A car normally will come from your right when you are standing by the roadside. In India, any vehicle will come from your right, your left and front and behind. And don't be surprise if out of the blue, when you suddenly turn to your left, a van will come inches away right in front of your face. Haha.

Okay..I'm suppose to talk about Cow now..

The thing is..while waiting for the Auto to come and quite a few had passed by, but we didn't get in because we didn't want to sit on the front row where you have to sit on the wooden plank(if there is any) , where people actually stepped their traces of poop shoes on it. Hence, it's gross for us non-natives and the civilized. Haha..Eager to get an Auto home, I was poking out my head to get a look at the incoming Auto. There and then , a little baby cow which is a bit shorter than I am, suddenly was walking fast towards me.

For some reason, it kept coming straight into my direction and coming even faster each time. I was on a panic streak. It didn't even give a damn if I was standing right in front of him. It kept on coming closer towards me and I didn't know what to do. Haha. I ended up grabbing Stan's hand and running towards him and 'silently' screaming out of shocked. You see, the cow is simply indicating to me, "Get the fucking out of my way, kiddo! The street is mine!"

After that sudden heart attack, the cow passed through like it has always been walking the same path every time and one second later, we saw it cooly crossing the busy street. What's really puzzling for us is that how on earth does a cow knows that it should go to the little gap in the middle of the street in order to cross the busy street??? The middle of the road is blocked by a divider and only a small portion of it is not block so pedestrians can go and cross the street.Amazingly, the cow did the same thing as the other non-animal pedestrians. Fucking smart isn't it.

Hehe..

A friend of mine was telling me the other day that in India, the people and the animals live together hand in hand like a family. Yea, I guess, that's kinda right. I bet the cow must have learn the road crossing tricks from its human companion. Right now, I feel really dumb when comparing myself to the animal. The reason being, we 'foreigners' always ended up running for our lives while crossing the busy and mad street. Probably we should learn to be cool like the holly cow too!

1 comment:

  1. Woa ,Cool bro...certainly just a few mispelled words..couldnt have pushed the litlle red button,aint ya?

    ReplyDelete